Window Media Player is the pre-loaded/default media player in the Microsoft’s Windows Operating Systems. But it does not support all formats files like flv, mkv etc. Users have to install third-party software to run such format files like VLC Media Player, Real Player etc.
But the question arises that “Can I play flv/mkv files in Window Media Player?”
Yes, you can do so. Every Media Player requires various codec files to run/play various media format files. So, the only solution is there to either install third-party media players like Real Player, VLC Media Player etc or to download all supported codec files of the Window Media Player.
What is Media Player Codec Pack?
Media Player Codec Pack supports almost every format of media file and compression. All you do is to just download the Pack and install it. It’s very easy to install. A Codec may encode or decode audio/video files. The word Codec means “Compressor-Decompressor”.
File Formats Supported:
.mkv | .mp4 | .avi | .flv | .m4v | .m4a | .mpc | .3gp and many more.
Specifications of Media Player Codec Pack:
- Fully Coloured Thumbnails which includes .flv as well as .mkv
- Display the explorer properties of flv and mkv (non-native file formats)
- Supports and enable the Preview Pane for new file formats
- Automatic Update System and also notifies the updation
- Also supports the use of X-Box 360 to playback .mkv format files as Extenders
- Set up of Bitstreamed Audio just in a single click
- Playlist creation is supported to play files in Media Center
- User can enable/disable codecs which they want or not
More than 20 languages are supported in this codec pack like Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, Greek, German, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Polish, Swedish, Portuguese and many more. (Left languages can also be supported on request)
DOWNLOAD CODEC PACK FOR WINDOWS 8 FROM HERE:
Click Here to Download!