At present, the number of blogs and websites are increasing day by day and time to time. Thousands of blogs are made every day. So, it’s difficult to raise your blog to high level and present it to the Google’s Main Page i.e. including your blog to the Google Search Engine (google.com) . Due to high competition, bloggers are searching for the most effective ideas and tools to raise up their blogs. The most important and effective is adding Meta Tags to your blog.
What are Meta Tags?
Meta Tags contains a HTML Code to be placed in your blog which describes the description (what is your blog all about) of the blog/posts in the blog and is used inside the <head> tag always to work properly and effectively. Meta Tags helps your blog to be searched by Search Engines and Crawlers easily to index your site/blog completely.
This helps in getting more traffic to your blog from various countries all over the world from search engines like google, yahoo, bing, msn and many more. Meta Tags are considered as the main factor of Search Engine Optimization i.e. SEO. As usually, there are so many Meta Tags but the most important of all there are only two Meta Tags. First is Meta Description Tag and second is Meta Keywords Tag.
So, you have to put only two Meta tags in your blog i.e. Meta Description Tag and Meta Keywords Tag.
How to Put Meta Tags in Your Blog?
- Sign in to your Blogger account
- Go to Dashboard >> Design (Layout) >> Edit HTML
- Find this below code in the HTML coding either by using CTRL+F or by pressing F3 and search the code given below:
<b:include data=’blog’ name=’all-head-content’/>
- Then Paste the below shown Code just below the line given in Step 3
<b:if cond=’data:blog.url == “YOUR BLOG/POST URL HERE“‘>
<meta content=’DESCRIPTION HERE‘ name=’description’/>
<meta content=’KEYWORDS HERE‘ name=’keywords’/> </b:if>
- Edit the Blog/Post URL, Description and Keywords from the code with your own matter
- After filling you can Save the Template and you are done
NOTE: You have to copy and paste the code every time you create a new post and fill out with the new post information manually.
Things to Remember:
- YOUR BLOG/POST URL HERE : Enter your Home Page URL for your Blog and Post URL for your posts
- DESCRIPTION HERE: Enter what is your post all about
- KEYWORDS HERE: Enter your post suitable keywords
But remember, don’t use same keywords and description for every new post otherwise this will result to negative affection. It is as simple and easy as just copy and paste work but as dangerous as to decrease your PageRank and search results as well.
Please be sure not to put same keywords more than 2 times and not to put same description for all posts otherwise search engines may ban your blog/site from their list. So, be careful and familiar in choosing best description and keywords for your post/blog.
How to Check the Correct Placement?
There are two ways to check your Meta Tags placement that whether they are placed/working correctly or not.
- Go to the URL you want to check and then right click there and choose View Source from there. Then search by pressing F3 and type meta/description/keywords any of the three.
- Secondly, you can go to www.google.com and manually type the Meta Tags Analyzer Tools and select which one suits you the most and check from there by putting your URL you want to check.
Hope you like the article and successful in placing Meta Tags to your Blog. Please Share this article if you found it useful. In regarding to this Tip/Article if you face any problem then COMMENT BELOW. We’ll come back yo you as soon as possible with the best solution.