GMail is an advertising-supported email service provided by google which is free of cost. People create accounts from all over the world for email access in just seconds. Gmail is one of the most used email service along with yahoo, hotmail etc. There are several categories in Gmail for various types of messages (composed/sent/received) like Inbox, Sent Mail, Trash and many more. Most embarrassing is the SPAM which contains spam messages.
What are Spam Messages?
Spam Messages or even you can say Unwanted Messages are the commercial advertisements or embarrassing website links sent to your Gmail inbox without your permission. But Gmail has a separate category for that type of messages which track them and collect in the SPAM Folder.
Spam messages mostly include links that asks users to provide their personal information and confidential details. But Gmail has a solution for this named ‘Spam Filters’.
What are Spam Filters?
Spam filters in Gmail is likely to be security guard which prevents spam messages and restrict them to enter in user’s Gmail Inbox. Simply you can say that it is a type of Firewall between Gmail Inbox and Spam messages. It detects the sender’s email address and automatically let the message to be received in Inbox or Spam folder.
Are You Tired of Spam Messages?
Many users receive spam messages in a large scale and they get embarrassed and tired of deleting them time to time, again and again. But every message in spam folder is not spam, it may be genuine but diverted into spam folder due to limitation of spam filter’s algorithm. But if you want to check those messages then you will try to search them in the Trash Folder.
If you want automatic deletion of the spam messages from spam folder without deleting them manually again and again, then you can create your own Gmail Filter. Gmail Filter automatically deletes all the spam messages from spam folder.
How to Create Your Own Gmail Filter?
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Go to Spam folder
- Click on the Gear button on the top right side of the folder
- Then, click on the Settings option from the list
- Select Filters Tab from there
- Now, click on Create a New Filter
- After that, a separate window will appear, look for the Has the Words field and then this >> in:spam
- Be sure to leave empty all the other fields and click Create Filter with this Search and then select OK
- Now, check mark to the box Delete it and also to the Also Apply Filter to and then click on Create Filter
- Lastly, you will see a message that Your Filter was Created
Just this, you are done.
After on, all the spam messages will be deleted automatically from the spam folder. If you found this article useful then please Share it and if you will face any problem in doing this trick then COMMENT below. We will reach to you as soon as possible with the perfect solution.